Recently The Elephant Journal posted a great story on living a specific day as if it were your last. How and what would you do? Now take a step back and lets not get morbid before the weekend. But really ask yourself what will you be reflecting on at the final moment, and how can you assure your treasures out weigh your regrets.
I can easily see myself asking some of these same questions. As we live our day to day and plan for the future, how can we assure we focus on what means the most?
- I never pursued my dreams
- I work too much and never and time for my family
- I should have made more time for my friends
- I should have said I Love You a lot more
- I should have spoken my mind more instead of holding back and resenting things
- I should have been a bigger person and resolved my conflicts
- I wish I had children
- I should have saved more money for my retirement
- Not having the courage to live truthfully
- Happiness is a choice I wish I knew that a lot earlier
The Healthy Primate